Tuesday 26 July 2011

Tread Lightly Tuesday


There's a lot of things in this world I don't understand...the poverty, the war, the waste, the over-consumption, the environmental destruction...these things keep me up at night, I have no idea how we've found ourselves in the 21st century with so much poverty on one hand and so much waste and consumption on the other, all the while destroying this wonderful planet we live on. However at the start of his book The Moneyless Man, Mark Boyle ties all of these issues together...the common denominater being money. I never would have thought the explanation could be so simple, yet so intelligently presented. The book then goes on to detail Boyle's year of living without money...yep, no money at all. It's a great read and I highly recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment