Monday 9 May 2011

Tread Lightly Tuesday

Today I'm going to move away from talking about recycled products, not because I've exhausted this topic because I am yet to even scratch the surface, but after 3 weeks I think I'll give it a rest and come back to that series occasionally.

So today I want to share my new favourite magazine Peppermint

This is the latest issue, issue 9:


I stumbled accross it accidentally and I'm so glad I did! It's beautifully written and beautiful to look at.

Their tag line is "vintage, organic, recycled, fair trade, sustainable fresh.green.fasion" all of which I love! This is truly the magazine equivalent of a soulmate!

I would try to explain what the magazine is all about but I won't do it justice so here's what they have to say in their about us:

Think sustainability and style don’t belong in the same sentence?
Think again.

Snowballing since the word go, Peppermint is the green fashion magazine, celebrating eco and ethical style with a fun, fresh, intelligent and positive spin. It was created for the rapidly-growing number of consumers who appreciate good design, fashion and creativity, but also care about social and environmental issues and where their clothing comes from. Promoting individuality, DIY personal style, respect and ‘slow fashion’, Peppermint encourages readers to get off the trend mill by showcasing the best in eco and handmade design from Australia and the rest of the world. Fashion, accessories, natural beauty, art, film, design, social issues, lifestyle and culture: if it’s real thought and creativity you’re after, then you can bet Peppermint has got it covered. With inspiring, informative editorials and in-depth, behind-the-scenes features on the fashion industry and social culture, Peppermint is at once informative and inspirational, high-end and handcrafted, cutting-edge and old-fashioned… Because sometimes you have to look behind you to learn the way forward.

And I know I said I wasn't going to talk about buying recycled products today...but I kinda lied...because Peppermint is printed on 100% post-consumer recycled paper - how's that for practicing what you preach?!

No comments:

Post a Comment