Sunday 20 March 2011

My Dress Addiction

The bf and I moved house just before last Christmas. It was a fun, exciting, stressful time which was compounded by the fact we were moving across the city, it was just days before (and after) Christmas and all the stuff we had accumulated in our last apartment over 3 years had never before been moved anywhere in one go...

It was during this move that I learnt something new about myself...I have an addiction to dresses!

Now I will admit that I probably should have known this already, but I honestly had no clue. I mean I knew I had piles and piles of craft stuff, lots of fabric from my mother, a seemingly endless supply of beads and jewellery making supplies and lots of books and jewellery...but I had no idea I had so many dresses!

However I think the worst thing about making this discovery was that I hardly ever wore them! I mean I had a great selection of new, second-hand and vintage dresses in all shapes, sizes and colours but still I so often found myself (as many of us do) staring blankly into my wardrobe thinking "I have absolutely nothing to wear" or in the words of The Smiths "I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear".

So I made a decision, or more of a News Years Resolution, right then and there: to wear more dresses! And I'm happy to report that I have been wearing more dresses, some of which had never been worn since I had bought them *gasp*  which is sooooo not like me.

But I thought today I would share with you two of my most recent vintage dress purchases that I have been enjoying wearing on those few warm summer/autumn days that we've had. I picked them both up at an op-shop in Portland with the bf, during our New Years trip to Cape Bridgewater with a great group of friends. And together they cost less than $10!!!


This beautiful blue and white hippy-style dress is just so beautiful in both pattern and style.

This dress has a bit of an odd print on it but the colours are nice and it has a similar style to that of a Kimono. I just love the flowing sleeves!

No comments:

Post a Comment