Saturday 23 April 2011

Back from my break

My blogging break went a little longer than I expected but I am back and hopefully I'll be able to fit blogging in my busy schedule. Having a full time job is great and I'm loving the work, the people, the pay cheque and the stable routine but it makes life rather crazy. I'm struggling to find time for all the things I have to do: cooking, cleaning, washing, hand-washing, ironing (I hate business shirts!), grocery shopping, sleeping, and the things I want to do spending time the bf, family and friends, relaxing, me-time, running my jewellery business, crafting, exercising and sleeping (yes sleeping is in there twice, need to and want to!). I have no idea how people do this with children, they seriously deserve a medal. But hopefully as the weeks progress I'll get better at fitting everything into my week, you may have to bear with me in the meantime though.

Lots of things have happened since my last post, so here's what I've been up to:

- My sister had her deb ball! She looked so amazingly beautiful that I nearly cried. I rushed to the reception center after work and unfortunately didn't get to help her get dressed, do her hair and make-up and see her off which was upsetting. But my lovely mum took photos of the whole day for me so that I could be a part of it in some way.  I had an amazing time with my mum, brother, sister, bf, sister's bf and my brother's mate! We ate and drank and danced until we could eat and drink and dance no more! For the most part we danced amongst ourselves on a mostly empty dance floor, while my sober mum watched on. I'm sure she was wondering how on earth these 3 kids were related her! Unfortunately we were having too much fun to get any great photos of the night...but such is life!

- My sister turned 17! Sadly I was away with work and missed another milestone, but we celebrated a few days early with presents and a big family dinner. I'll show you what I got her in my next post!

- I went away to the Gold Coast with work for 4 days for training! There were about 80 grads who went along from the association of firms nation-wide. We lived the life of kings while we were there - flights, 5-star accommodation, buffet breakfast, morning tea, buffet lunch, afternoon tea, pre-dinner drinks, buffet dinner, buffet cheese and dessert courses were all provided by the company! Oh and of course so to was the training. I had an amazing time, it was a great way to be welcomed by the firm and really make friends with the other grads. After we'd trained and filled up on dinner and drinks then most of us would head out to a club to dance and drink some more, before stumbling home in the wee hours of the morning to sleep for a few hours before getting up to a big buffet breakfast and a few coffees and heading to training feeling a little sorry for ourselves. But then we'd do it all again! I think we well and truly disspelled the myth that accountants are boring!

- Apart from that I have spent some time with the bf this week. We celebrated Record Shop Day with a trip to 2 local record stores, it's not really my thing, but I enjoy following the bf around and hearing him tell me all about the amazing records he found. I love watching/listening to him talk about things he's so passionate about. We also watched one of our favourite movies to watch as a couple "The Castle". But we had to watch it over two nights cos we were both so exhausted that we fell asleep! However we had 12 hours of sleep on Thursday night - YAY for public holidays!

- I caught up with some friends at a housewarming party which was great but it was the night I got back from the Gold Coast so I was pretty exhausted and could barely put a sentence together. However two of my dear friends now live walking distance away! So hopefully I'll get to see them lots more this year!

- I got my work business cards this week too and have them in sexy, silver, firm-branded business card holder - I feel so grown up! They gave me a massive box of them though, I have no idea how I'll ever give them all out, but I'm starting with friends and family first!

- I also popped home for Easter to see the family which was lovely. I feel to old to still be doing an Easter egg hunt, but my little sister loved it and it's a family tradition after all.

I hope you're all having a lovely Easter break and that you're actually having a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment